Just for the record, I am still alive. Wanted to get that straight unless any rumors were milling about. So, why haven’t I been posting?
- Busy planning my wedding (May 15th and 16th)
- Getting ready for new school year (April 1st, er… 6th)
- Pondering how to write up potentially offensive posts
- Playing a stupid game on Facebook
- Just plain tired
Good news/bad news
- Lost three schools so I will miss the students, but with only four schools I can focus on my lessons and build relationships with teachers and students.
- Got 100,000 yen back from the government for my ‘eco’ car.
- Restarting Japanese lessons. My teacher slashed her prices in half because of the poor economy. I think she should have raised her prices, but she is too kind.
- Ordered silver Mavic rims with flat spokes and purple tires for my bike. The frame is mostly white and the bar tape was changed to purple after the accident. This is to celebrate being able to ride again. My neck and hip are still a little sore, but I think we are at the time-to-tough-it-out phase. (Photos will be posted after the shop work.)
Most likely, I won’t be posting before Sunday.