Recently there have been so many activities to join and I am still trying to rest my body, hence a lot flow under the bridge:
- November 1st was Tsuitachigayu which I haven’t attended since August 1st, when I was hit. Ironic that the activity which brings me peace and relaxation is one I can’t go to because I need peace and relaxation. Soon.
- November 3rd was Culture Day and we had the day off. I was hoping to attend a culture festival, but there were some political twists and the Ise Katagami artist wasn’t going to be present this year anyhow.
- A conflicting interest on the 3rd was the opening of the new Ujibashi bridge into the inner shrine. I really wanted to go, but didn’t have accurate information about the events. Recently I had a Guiness with one of the priests and got filled in for next time… in 20 years.
- November 8th there were two events, one at Saiku and another at one of my schools.
- November 9th was a festival at the Self-Defense Force airbase nearby. I wanted to go get photos of the helicopters in action.
Please don’t be mistaken, I am not missing out on everything; just, my activities have been more subdued and restful. For example, over the weekend, I went to a friend’s farm in the countryside and stayed overnight. Although it was not the 5th, we celebrated Guy Fawkes’ day: a little beer, homemade sausage, Cornish pasties, fireworks, a bonfire, good conversation, and fresh air. It was very therapeutic. Although, I forgot my pain meds, I was relaxing enough that nothing felt too severe. Maybe I should do this every weekend.