Feverless Fever


Yesterday evening I felt unwell and was certain I had a fever, so I planned to go to bed early. When I checked my temperature, the thermometer read low. I am always perplexed when I’m certain that I have a fever, but there is no measurable evidence.

Anyhow, I woke up this morning feeling very poorly and my lower g.i. was having issues. Not wanting to wrestle with the old Japanese squatters in this condition, I called in sick and went back to sleep. Promptly at 11:30, the rice field workers’ siren whined me awake. Hearing that distinctive air raid sound, I was amazed how long I was out, and was thankful for the rest.

Fortunately there were no classes held today, so it was a good day to be sick without upsetting anyone’s schedule. Also, the school year ends on the 25th and I had only used two sick days. Last week I had things going every evening and the weekend was busy as well; I think I just got exhausted. Thursday is graduation day, so I have to be in good shape. I will have to sit in a freezing gym for a few hours, which is tough when you aren’t feeling well. Because I’ve lost weight, I think I can wear my ski stuff under my dress clothes.

This evening maybe the first step in the demise of my cute little car. My future father-in-law patiently (or, is that ‘perseveringly’) gave me an education on the two car insurance systems in Japan; and, his recommendations on how to handle the vehicle inspection system.

My car is 15 years old and, although it only has 80,000 km on the odometer, is not in very good condition. By the end of this month, I will have to make a decision on whether to pay to keep it alive or to put it down. Hopefully tomorrow afternoon we can get the process going. Definitely more details on these processes are coming.


Tags: , , , , , ,

3 Responses to “Feverless Fever”

  1. Dorothy W. Says:

    I hope you are feeling better now!

  2. びっくり Says:

    I’m a goofball. After sleeping half the day, I was feeling good; however, I went to my former father-in-law’s in the evening to discuss vehicle inspections and insurance issues until very late. Then I talked to my mother in Seattle for a long time. In the morning I overslept and was late to work.

    Fortunately, they combined my first period class with my fourth period class. During first period they wanted me to make 50 diploma-like certificates for the fourth graders. We even scanned in my signature and put it on the corner of the printouts. The kids were excited, which means I was happy.

  3. びっくり Says:

    Oops! I didn’t mean to type former father-in-law, that’s future father-in-law.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: